Tree Hazard Assessment
Under the Occupiers Liability Act you have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to ensure your trees are safe. The responsibility of landowners has been further clarified in the courts by the case of Poll vs Bartholomew (2006).
To limit liability, SJ Stephens Associates can:
- draw up a Tree Safety Policy
- carry out Tree Hazard Assessment surveys
- recommend remedial works
- implement a tree management system
- carry out internal decay detection tests on suspect trees
- specify, tender and manage tree work contracts
Unlike many companies carrying out tree hazard assessments, SJ Stephens Associates are not contractors so have no incentive to specify work to trees that is not essential.
We have particular experience providing a tailored tree management service to schools. For further details see Schools Leaflet.
SJ Stephens Associates are registered users of the Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA) system which is used where appropriate to quantify the risk of harm.