Tree Hazard Assessment Surveys
A typical Tree Hazard Assessment will be carried out from the ground using the Visual Tree Assessment method and will record:
- Tree dimensions, height, diameter and crown spread
- Age class, physiological condition and life expectancy
- Comments on condition and landscape value
- Recommended tree works
- Priority/timescales for completion
- Estimated cost
- BS5837:2005 category classification
As recommended in the Poll vs Bartholomew case, all tree surveys are carried out by staff with a minimum of level 2 competence.
Tree Hazard Assessment surveys are often combined with planting recommendations. In some cases, Internal Decay Detection or climbing inspection is recommended. Where appropriate the Quantified Tree Risk Assessment (QTRA) system is used.